• African Black Soap (Benefits: versatile, affordable, natural, strengthens hair, absorbs moisture from the air and deposits it into hair, softens, eliminates stubborn oil and dirt, increased UV protection, prevents and heals dandruff, creates shine)
• Baking Soda & Water
• Apple Cider Vinegar
• Apple Cider Vinegar (great for detangling)
• Avocado (calms frizz)
• Beer (adds body to limp hair)
• Egg (whites only to treat oily hair, yolk only to add moisture, both for conditioning)
• Yogurt (to treat dull hair)
• Honey (to treat dry or sun-damaged hair)
• Chamomile Tea (to add shine)
• Coconut Oil (deep conditioner)
To combat grease, sprinkle a small amount of cornstarch on roots and comb through.
To combat fly-always, rub a TINY amount of coconut or olive oil through hair.
To combat itch, massage scalp with fresh lemon juice and water. Leave on for 20 minutes then rinse and shampoo.
To darken, use henna or make a paste out of apple cider vinegar and cocoa powder (for brown hair) or beet root powder (for red hair). Saturate entire head with henna or paste before bed, throw a plastic cap on and go to sleep. Wake up and rinse well! Hold off on shampooing your hair for as long as you can stand it. Repeat as often as necessary to get desired color.
To lighten, mix together honey, baking soda, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, and peroxide. Apply to areas you want lightened and leave on for at least 45 minutes, preferably while sitting in the sun. Rinse well and repeat every few days until you get your desired color.
To ombré, mix 1 part peroxide to 1 part water in a spray bottle. Spray ends of hair. Let sit for 40 minutes. Rinse well.
Got any tips you’d like to share? Any experience with the above mentioned? Share here!